Louisiana Medical Group Management Association
American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE)
MGMA IS DEDICATED TO ADVANCING THE PROFESSION AND DELIVERING SKILLED LEADERS THROUGH PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT.
(Source: The Body of Knowledge for Medical Practice Management | A framework for success)
The Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) helps create successful medical practices that deliver the highest-quality patient care. As the leading association for medical practice administrators and executives since 1926, MGMA helps improve members’ practices through exclusive member benefits, education, resources, news, information, advocacy, and networking opportunities, and produces some of the most credible and robust medical practice economic data and data solutions in the industry. MGMA advances the profession of medical practice management with its industry leading board certification and Fellowship programs through the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE).
Partner with MGMA and take the next step in your professional development.
Get board certified or become a Fellow through the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE) and get the professional recognition you deserve. The Body of Knowledge performance objectives are the basis for the board certification exams and define the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in the practice management profession. Apply today to join 6,600 of your peers who are contributing to the profession and transforming medical practice management. Learn more about this professional development opportunity and how to apply at mgma.org/certification or mgma.org/fellowship
INTERESTED IN TAKING THE BOARD CERTIFICATION EXAMS?
Upcoming exam dates:
Fees: Registration fees for exams are $165 and are not transferable.
Step One: Qualify & Apply
To apply for board certification and work toward obtaining the CMPE credential, you must:
· Be a current MGMA member on a National level.
· Pay a one-time $250 application fee.
· Submit your completed application form, along with documentation of two years of healthcare management experience, including at least six months in a supervisory role.NOTE:Starting January 1, 2019, applicants will need a bachelor’s degree or 120 college credit hours (in addition to the current requirements) to apply.
Step Two: Assess & Build Knowledge
After program acceptance, you will need to fulfill three requirements to earn your CMPE credential. These requirements can be completed in the order that works for you:
· Pass a multiple choice exam - This 175-item, multiple-choice exam assesses your on-the-job knowledge of the broad scope of group practice management principles and practices as described in the six domains of theBody of Knowledge for Medical Practice Management.
· Pass a scenario-based exam- This exam assesses in-depth knowledge of medical practice management principles, problem-solving and decision-making skills a candidate would need to handle and resolve real-world medical practice issues.
· Earn 50 hours of continuing education (CE) - You can start earning CE 30 days prior to your nominee acceptance date through a variety ofqualifying activities. CE credit can also be earned during your exam preparation and after passing the exams.
Step Three: Maintain Your Credential
The Certification Commission and the MGMA Board vote monthly to confer and award the CMPE designation to individuals who have completed the nominee requirements. After the vote is final, staff will send official notification of your advancement. Once certified, you will need to:
· Submit 50 CE hours every three years
· Remain an MGMA member
· Consider ACMPE Fellowship (Optional)- Once you’re board certified, you’ll be eligible to join an influential group of exceptional practice leaders throughACMPE Fellowship, the highest level of distinction you can earn in medical practice management.
How about pursuing Fellowship in 2018?
The American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE), the certification and fellowship authority of MGMA, has been certifying medical practice executives for more than 60 years.
The only board certification of its kind, ACMPE’s Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) credential is recognized as the standard in medical practice management — a benchmark that can single you out and put you in full view of top physicians and executives throughout the industry.
Ready to raise your profile? Apply for certification today or discover more about the path to your CMPE credential below.
Questions? Want additional information on study groups?